Help Needed with Python Loop Logic

I’m working on a Python project and I’m stuck on a loop logic issue. I have a list of numbers, and I want to iterate through the list and print each number along with its index, but only if the number is greater than 10. Can someone help me with the loop structure for this?

Of course! You can achieve this using a for loop and the built-in enumerate() function. Here’s how you can do it:

numbers = [5, 12, 8, 15, 6, 18]
for index, num in enumerate(numbers):
if num > 10:
print(f"Number {num} at index {index}")

This code will go through the list, get the index and number at each iteration, and print them if the number is greater than 10. Easy peasy!

Just a small optimization tip here. If your list is large and you want to improve performance, you can use a list comprehension to filter out the numbers greater than 10 first, and then loop through the filtered list. Here’s an example:

filtered_numbers = [num for num in numbers if num > 10]
for index, num in enumerate(filtered_numbers):

This way, you’re only looping through the numbers that meet your condition.

Thanks for asking this! I was facing a similar problem. I learned something new today. Love how this community helps each other out.

Absolutely, and keep in mind that if you’re not getting any output, make sure your list contains numbers greater than 10. Sometimes the issue might be with the data itself rather than the code.

This is a great opportunity to learn about Python’s zip() function too! If you have two lists, one with numbers and the other with their corresponding indices, you can use zip() to loop through them together. Here’s an example:

indices = range(len(numbers))
for index, num in zip(indices, numbers):
if num > 10:

Keep coding and experimenting! You’re on the right track.

This is great! Thank you!